The implementation of palliative interventions in the effective management of chronic conditions:
- Prevents exacerbation of chronic conditions
- Reduces admission into hospital
- Promotes physical functioning and well-being
- Collaborates with the healthcare team to meet patient and family needs
- Individualizes and prioritizes patient-directed care
In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, palliative care can be used to keep patients who are living with two or more chronic disease – or multiple chronic conditions from worsening symptoms, disease progression and debilitation.
Patients with MCCs require concomitant use and implementation of palliative care to ensure quality of life and engage in meaningful and important activities.