Multiple Chronic Conditions Blog
Costliest U.S. Patient Population
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), in 2017 reported:
- 81% of hospital admissions;
- 91% of prescriptions filled;
- 76% of health-provider visits;
- 75% of home healthcare visits
Are Medicare patients with chronic conditions. Of these Beneficiaries 85% have at least one chronic condition and, 23% have five or more conditions – accounting for two-thirds of all Medicare Spending.
The Centers for Di sease Control and Prevention (CDC), in 2017 identified 2,626,418deaths in the U.S.
- Adults die from a cardiac related death, such as myocardial infarction every 4 seconds;
- Cardiovascular disease accounted for $317 billion in costs;
- Smoking related deaths costs the U.S. $300 billion per year
Ensuring best practices through the implementation of evidence, promotes prevention and reduces the progression of multiple chronic conditions. Access current and relevant updates on policy and practice to manage the costliest U.S. patient population.
Multiple Chronic Conditions Resource Center
Dr Kim Kuebler
Dr. Kim Kuebler DNP, APRN, ANP-BC, Founder and Director Multiple Chronic Conditions Resource Center, CEO Advanced Disease Concepts, LLC., Award winning author of 8 textbooks on chronic conditions and palliative care. Multiple appointments to Federal and state initiatives on pain, chronic conditions and palliative care. Clinician, educator, researcher and patient advocate.